Domestic violence is a dysfunctional and abusive dynamic that occurs in relationships, in which there is a huge difference in power between the spouses. Our West Palm Beach Marital and Family Law Firm presents some of the danger signs that you may be in an abusive relationship include, but are not limited to:
- Does your partner isolate you from your family or friends?
- Does your partner stalk you?
- Does your partner monitor your phone conversations or social media post?
- Does your spouse limit your access to car, cash, transportation, or to your phone?
- Does your spouse destroy your personal property?
- Does your spouse tell you what you can or cannot do or can or cannot have?
- Does your spouse threaten to use the legal system to take away your children or to destroy you?
- Does your spouse or significant other force you to have sex?
- Does your significant other or spouse act in a severe disrespectful fashion to you?
- Does your spouse or significant other threaten to kill or hurt you?
All of the above are signs that you are in an abusive relationship which could lead to violence. You need to immediately seek help from an experienced family law attorney in Florida, to help protect you from your abusive spouse and assist you in obtaining appropriate relief from the court system to protect you and your children.
If you are concerned that you are in an abusive relationship in marriage or you are in a divorce currently where your spouse is continuing to be permitted to abuse you throughout the process, then please immediately contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. for a consultation.
Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss financial issues related to divorce, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.